We discuss the things we’re excited about for 2021 as Michael prepared for a different show, Joe can’t stop looking at himself, and Allen gets paid by the tip of the week.
For those that aren’t in the know, these show notes can be found at https://www.codingblocks.net/episode147. Stop by and join the conversation.
- Command Line Heroes – A podcast that tells the epic true tales of developers, programmers, hackers, geeks, and open source rebels who are revolutionizing the technology landscape.
- Educative.io – Learn in-demand tech skills with hands-on courses using live developer environments. Visit educative.io/codingblocks to get an additional 10% off an Educative Unlimited annual subscription.
- xMatters – Sign up today to learn how to take control of your incident management workflow and get a free xMatters t-shirt.
- We really appreciate the new reviews.
- iTunes: 8BitToaster, NotResp, masterull
- We’re hosting a game jam January 21 – 24, 2021 – let’s make games!
- Follow all of our upcoming events! (/events)
Who’s Excited about What
- Interactive online/streaming events
- DevOps and SRE technologies
- Game development
- .NET 5
- DevOps technologies
- Game Jams
- Big Data
- Video content creation
- Machine Learning
- Kubernetes all the things
Resources We Like
- 15 Kubernetes Tools For Deployment, Monitoring, Security, & More (phoenixNAP.com)
- Kubernetes Training and Certification (kubernetes.io)
- We’re sad to see you go, Azure Notebooks (notebooks.azure.com)
- At least they list some alternatives.
- Announcing .NET 5.0 (devblogs.microsoft.com)
|$17.99||Kasa Smart HS220 Dimmer Switch by TP-Link (Amazon, Best Buy)|
|$17.46||Real-World Machine Learning (Amazon)|
Tip of the Week
- Manning Publications has a lot of their books available in audio form on Audible.
- Top 9 companies that are hiring software engineers to work remotely (HackReactor.com)
- iTerm2 – A terminal emulator for macOS that does amazing things. (item2.com)
CMD+SHIFT+.to edit the command being pasted before running it.
- Some helpful tips for the holiday season:
- Capital One Shopping: Save in seconds (chrome web store)
- Automatically find and apply coupon codes with Honey. (chrome web store)
- Use PayPal Key as a virtual credit card to use your PayPal account anywhere credit cards are accepted. (PayPal)
- Use Privacy to create single or limited use credit cards (privacy.com)
- Port forward services from your Kubernetes cluster for external access to debug and test, like
kubectl port-forward svc/svc-name 7000:8000.
- Use Port Forwarding to Access Applications in a Cluster (kubernetes.io)