We gather around the water cooler to celebrate our 100th episode with our friend John Stone for some random developer discussions as Michael goes off script, Joe needs his techno while coding, and Allen sings some sweet sounds.
Are you reading these show notes via your podcast player? Head over to https://www.codingblocks.net/episode100 to find this episode’s full show notes and join in on the conversation.
- Clubhouse – The first project management platform for software development that brings everyone on every team together to build better products. Sign up for two free months of Clubhouse by visiting clubhouse.io/codingblocks.
- Datadog.com/codingblocks – Sign up today for a free 14 day trial and get a free Datadog t-shirt after creating your first dashboard.
- Thank you to everyone that left us a review:
- iTunes: is0mer, Shdhdhahajdjdjsjajxheha, mukuljain.dce, khoitd1997
- Stitcher: joshjb, LowlyQCguy, zrcni, I_am_your_daddy, MichaelsJustSoSo, AllensTheSmartest
- Allen and Joe released some new videos:
- Upcoming conferences:
Overheard at the Water Cooler …
- If you could only have one computer, would you prefer a laptop or a desktop?
- The MSI GS75 Stealth has definitely caught our eye.
- What technology would you recommend a new developer look into? And is it the same recommendation you’d make for a senior developer?
- We play another round of Up/Down.
- Are dark themes bad for your eyes?
Resources We Like
- RTINGS.com – Find the best product for your needs.
- TIOBE Index – An index of the popularity of programming languages.
Tip of the Week
- Get your master’s degree remotely from top schools such as the Online Master of Science in Computer Science from Georgia Tech.
- Find connectors to get your data in and out of Kafka from the Confluent Hub.