Points of Interest
- We might be Superman. Or maybe not if you saw us together at ASP vNext: Playing With The New Bits presented by Jeff Ammons (@jeffa00). Either way, we’re very excited about vNext. Besides, that outfit is a little revealing for the gentleman bits anyway.
- Allen fights a cute little MEAN ninja. Despite the scars, he walks away a better man for it.
- The Oatmeal explains how to solve every computer problem. We’re thankful we know what to do now.
- Forget the holiday season, it’s gaming season! Joe still hasn’t played Shadows of Mordor, Allen’s disappointed in the titles for PS4, and Michael is ready for zero day Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. Until then Joe and Michael will waste time wandering the maps.
You asked some questions. We gave some answers.
- Pluralsight vs Lynda.com – How do you get your learn on?
- Predefined types vs System provided types – Michael learns he must break his habit of using String instead of string.
- Where do you put your business logic? Application, database, microservice?
- And Joe writes in – Is there a tool for auto-linking foreign keys? Step 4 – Profit.
- Project Handoff – How do you do it? The StackExchange community has their opinion and so do we.
- Hosts – Operating systems or which of us is better looking or preferred web hosting platforms? We answer each.
Tips & Tricks
- Layouts O Rama – Configure your own layouts for Visual Studio that you can easily switch between with the click on a button.
- Remote Desktop Connection Manager – Do not right click on the server name and select Logoff. You have been warned.
- Windows Phone 8.1 – Allen might have been a little late updating his phone but hey, now the podcast app has variable speed playback.
We Ain’t Too Proud to Beg
Spread the word.