I wrote a brief review for Airbrake.io on Capterra and I wanted to share my experiences in more detail over here on the cb blog. I set up the service on 3 different apps, and each app had its own story to tell. In this post I’ll tell you about those 3 apps, and what we were able to find and fix thanks to Airbrake.io.
Airbrake.io hooked us up with a promotional account and we were able to quickly get it installed and configured for codingblocks.net. At the time we were experiencing transient outages and we were frustrated with the generic error messages.
After the setup, it wasn’t long before we noticed an interesting pattern in the timing and narrowed the problem down to one of our plugins. Surprise, it was a caching problem! We’ve since rectified the issue and things have been running great ever since.
ASP.NET MVC: ColorMine.Org
I set Airbrake.io up on ColorMine.org. It’s a (woefully neglected) color difference calculator written in ASP.NET MVC. Installation was a breeze, but I couldn’t believe how many problems there were! It quickly became evident that somebody was directly calling the web services that I had setup for the site. This wouldn’t have been so bad, except that they would often pass invalid arguments that were throwing cpu intensive exceptions.
I knew that there were problems with the site but I had been overwhelmed with information. Thanks to Airbrake.io I went from noisy, pointless, and ultimately ignored exception emails to getting just a few clean and concise notifications!
Check out the video below:
So, to wrap it all up. We had 3 great experiences with Airbrake.io on 3 very different platforms and each step of the way was easy.
Check out the free trial to what stories await you!