It’s our favorite time of year where we discuss all of the new ways we can spend our money in time for the holidays, as Allen forgets a crucial part, Michael has “neons”, and Joe has a pet bear.
Reading this via your podcast player? If so, you can find this episode’s full show notes at https://www.codingblocks.net/episode144, where you can join the conversation.
- Datadog – Sign up today for a free 14 day trial and get a free Datadog t-shirt after your first dashboard.
- Teamistry – A podcast that tells the stories of teams who work together in new and unexpected ways, to achieve remarkable things.
The PS5 design is pretty fowl pic.twitter.com/VeoWeCnNBN— Anthony (@kindekuma) June 11, 2020
- Thank you for the latest new review!
- Stitcher: wsha
And I’m Spent
Allen’s List for the Content Creators
|$149.99||Elgato Stream Deck (Amazon)|
|$69.99||TDisplay Capture Card (Amazon)|
|$329.00||Oktava MK-012 Small Diaphragm Condenser mic (Amazon)|
|$199.99||Zoom Podtrak P4 (Best Buy)|
|$7.00||Oktava WS-012 foam Wind-Screen for MK-012 (Amazon)|
|$16.99||LYRCRO Microphone Shock Mount Holder (Amazon)|
|$26.99||Kasa Smart Plugs 4 Pack (Amazon)|
|$14.99||3 prong extension cables 1′ (Amazon)|
|$29.99||Toazoe Articulating 11″ Arm (Amazon)|
|$12.99||Mounting pole (Amazon)|
|$14.99||Desk mounting bracket for pole (Amazon)|
|$199.99||Elgato Key Light (Amazon)|
|$90.00||Aputure Amaran MC RGBWW (Amazon)|
|$186.20||Silverstone ATX CS380B (Amazon)|
|$139.99||Ryzen 5 3400G (Amazon)|
|$99.99||Silicon Power 32GB 3200Mhz (Amazon)|
|$217.99||WD Easy Store 12TB (Amazon)|
|$44.99||Thermaltake 500w 80+ (Amazon)|
|$365.00||ZSA Moonlander (ZSA)|
Michael’s List to Pimp Your Desk
|Apple iPad Pro (12.9-inch, WiFi, 256GB) (Amazon)||$1,079.00|
|amFilm (2 Pack) Glass Screen Protector for iPad Pro 12.9 inch (2020 & 2018 Models) (Amazon)||$12.99|
|ProCase iPad Pro 12.9 Case 4th Generation 2020 & 2018 (Amazon)||$21.99|
|Apple AirPods with Charging Case (Wired) (Amazon)||$129.00|
|Honorable mention: Apple AirPods Pro (Amazon)||$219.00|
|Philips Hue 555334 BLE Lightstrip LED Light strip, 2m / 6ft Base Kit (Amazon)||$79.99|
|Philips Hue Indoor Motion Sensor for Smart Lights (Amazon)||$38.95|
|Elgato Stream Deck (15 Keys) (Amazon)||$149.99|
|Knox Microphone Shock Mount for Audio-Technica ATR2100-USB and Samson Q2U (Amazon)||$19.99|
|On-Stage Foam Ball-Type Microphone Windscreen (Amazon)||$2.99|
|ZSA Moonlander (ZSA)||$365.00|
|Glorious 3XL Extended Gaming Mouse Mat/Pad (Amazon)||$49.99|
|Razer Gaming Mouse Bungee v2 (Amazon)||$19.99|
|ALIENWARE AW3420DW Curved 34 Inch WQHD 3440 X 1440 120Hz Monitor (Amazon)||$1,029.99|
|Honorable mention:Dell AW3418DW Alienware 34 Curved Gaming Monitor (Amazon)||n/a|
|Microsoft Xbox Series X (Amazon)||$499.99|
Castle Grayskull …
|Tilted Nation RGB Headset Stand and Gaming Headphone Display with Mouse Bungee Cord Holder with USB 3.0 HUB (Amazon)||n/a|
Joe’s List to Make Bank
Well, first there’s *the* chair …
|$3,299.00||Cluvens Scorpion Computer Cockpit (Cluvens)|
- Flippa – Buy an online business, become an acquisition entrepreneur, and invest in digital real estate.
- Start Engine – Invest and buy shares in startups and small businesses.
- (DEFUNCT) Gratipay – An open source startup helping open source projects.
- Liberapay – A recurrent donations platform. Fund the creators and projects you appreciate.
- Wefunder – Back founders solving the problems you care about and help their startups grow.
- Crowdfunder – Where entrepreneurs and investors meet.
- Fundrise – The future of real estate investing.
- Localstake – Connecting businesses and local investors.
- SeedInvest – Own a piece of your favorite startups.
Resources We Like
- Indoor Boom Microphones: Oktava MK-012, RODE NT5, Audio Technica AT4053b (YouTube)
- The Aputure MC Video LED Light is Amazing! (YouTube)
Tip of the Week
- The Docker image for Google Cloud SDK is the easiest way to interact with the Google cloud. (hub.docker.com)
- Play Hades. Play it now. (Steam)
git log --reverseto see the repo history from the beginning. (git-scm.com)