We gather around the water cooler to discuss some random topics, while Joe sends too many calendar invites, Allen interferes with science, and Michael was totally duped.
If you’re reading these show notes via your podcast player, you can find this episode’s full show notes at https://www.codingblocks.net/episode141. As Joe would say, check it out and join the conversation.
- Datadog – Sign up today for a free 14 day trial and get a free Datadog t-shirt after your first dashboard.
- Secure Code Warrior – Start gamifying your organization’s security posture today, score 5,000 points, and get a free Secure Code Warrior t-shirt.
- Thank you to everyone left us a new review:
- iTunes: I Buy, Not Play!
- Stitcher: kconrad53, TheNicknameFieldIsTooShor, hopkir
- Factorio v1 is official! (factorio.com)
Overheard Around the Water Cooler
- Are your unit tests bring your down? Do we hate unit tests now?
- Do you have to read your emails?
- Are you ruining everything by working late?
- Is Kubernetes programmings?
- When developing the next big deal application, which of the following are most important to you?
- Automation, i.e. CI / CD pipeline
- Unit tests, maybe even TDD
- Dependency Injection
- ALM (Alerting, Logging, Monitoring)
- Security first
Resources We Like
- RAW Vim Workshop/Tutorial (YouTube)
- Explore Kubernetes resources with Datadog Live Containers (Datadog)
Tip of the Week
- Lens, The Kubernetes IDE (GitHub)
- Bind Docker inside a running container to the host’s Docker instance to use Docker within Docker by adding the following to your Docker
- Note that this syntax works on Windows.