Are you an Advanced Programmer? We dig into the final section of Robert Read’s fantastic writing: How to be a programmer. Also, how to cheat at Jira, a lazy butcher and if learning web development is worth it.
Link to Episode 40’s Full Show Notes
This Episode’s Survey
To squash, or not to squash, that is the question: Do you leave a trail of commits in case you need them later, or do you prefer to keep things tidy?
- Send us your email to join our Slack channel!
- Make sure you check out How to be a beginning programmer, How to be an intermediate programmer!
- Thanks for the reviews, we love you! Bebop6585, philbritton, barrycarey, gnuHenson, tellsny, EskimoDragon13, Jordan G. Lee, Arkamedez, Jay Syko, vodkadom, Redwyn, lowellmower, JRiedl, gregpakes, fpw23, CDEguia, Cyberpod, manrique, foupfeiffer
- Is it worth learning to webdev?
- Stack Overflow 2016 Developer Survey!
- Unit Tests do not cover your misinterpretation of business rules
- How to be a Programmer is on github!
Serving Your Team
- How to Develop Talent
- How to Choose What to Work On
- How to Get the Most From Your Team-mates
- How to Divide Problems Up
- How to Handle Boring Tasks
- How to Gather Support for a Project
- How to Grow a System
- How to Communicate Well
- How to Tell People Things They Don’t Want to Hear
- How to Deal with Managerial Myths
- How to Deal with Organizational Chaos