We debate whether DevOps is a job title or a job responsibility as Michael finally understands dev.to‘s name, Allen is an infosec expert, and Joe wears his sunglasses at night.
If you aren’t already viewing this episode’s show notes in your browser, you can find these show notes at https://www.codingblocks.net/episode118 and join the conversation.
- Datadog.com/codingblocks – Sign up today for a free 14 day trial and get a free Datadog t-shirt after creating your first dashboard.
- WayScript – Sign up and build cloud hosted tools that seamlessly integrate and automate your tasks.
- Educative.io – Level up your coding skills, quickly and efficiently. Visit educative.io/codingblocks to get 20% off any course.
Survey Says …
- We appreciate everyone that took a moment to leave us a review and say thanks:
- iTunes: kevo_ker, Cheiss, MathewSomers
- Stitcher: BlockedTicket
Is DevOps a Job Title or Company Culture?
- What is DevOps?
- What isn’t DevOps?
- How do you learn DevOps?
- How mature is your DevOps?
- The myths of DevOps …
Resources We Like
- What Is DevOps? (New Relic)
- The Phoenix Project: A Novel about IT, DevOps, and Helping Your Business Win (Amazon)
- The DevOps Handbook: How to Create World-Class Agility, Reliability, and Security in Technology Organizations (Amazon)
- The Unicorn Project: A Novel about Developers, Digital Disruption, and Thriving in the Age of Data (Amazon)
- DevOps is a culture, not a role! (Medium)
- Why is kubernetes source code an order of magnitude larger than other container orchestrators? (Stack Overflow)
- Welcoming Molly – The DEV Team’s First Lead SRE! (dev.to, Molly Struve)
- The DevOps Checklist (devopschecklist.com)
- Vagrant (vagrantup.com)
Tip of the Week
- Edit your last Slack message by pressing the UP arrow key. That and more keyboard shortcuts available in the Slack Help Center. (Slack)
- Integrate Linux Commands into Windows with PowerShell and the Windows Subsystem for Linux (devblogs.microsoft.com)
readlinkto see where a symlink ultimately lands. (manpages.ubuntu.com)
- What are Durable Functions? (docs.microsoft.com)
- Change your Cmder theme to Allen’s favorite: Babun. (cmder.net)
- My favourite Git commit (fatbusinessman.com)