Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS
We gather around the watercooler to discuss the latest gossip and shenanigans have been called while Coach Allen is not wrong, Michael gets called out, and Joe gets it right the first time.
The full show notes for this episode are available at https://www.codingblocks.net/episode196.
- Want to help out the show? Leave us a review!
- It’s almost time to start talking about Ja Ja Ja Jamuary!
- Now that we’re post-pandemic, are there any plans to get back out there and start doing some meetups, presenting, etc.?
- What’s your dream conference look like?
- Which do you prefer: using managed services or managing your own?
- What’s the right balance of processes?
- Which do you prefer: work alone on an island or as part of a team?
- What are you going to be for Halloween?
Resources we Like
- Git Merge Conference (git-merge.com)
- Comparing Git Workflows (episode 90)
- Kafka No Longer Requires Zookeeper (towardsdatascience.com)
- Maker’s Schedule, Manager’s Schedule (paulgraham.com)
- Lunar Lights LED Smart Mask 2.0 (lunarlights.com)
Tip of the Week
- DuckDB is an in-process SQL OLAP database management system. You can use it from the command line, drop it into your POM file,
pip installit, or
npm installit, and then you can easily work with CSV or Parquet files as if they were a database. (duckdb.org)
- It’s really easy to try out in the browser too! (shell.duckdb.org)
- Want to be sure a file or URL is safe? Use Virus Total to find out. From VirusTotal: VirusTotal inspects items with over 70 antivirus scanners and URL/domain blocklisting services, in addition to a myriad of tools to extract signals from the studied content. (virustotal.com)
- How to Show & Verify Code Signatures for Apps in Mac OS X (osxdaily.com)
codesign -dv --verbose=4 /path/to/some.app
- How to Get GitHub-like Diff Support in Git on the Command-Line (matthewsetter.com)
- Speed up development cycles when working in Kubernetes with Telepresence. (telepresence.io)