Talking about the short book “How to be a Programmer”, which covers a huge spectrum of important topics for developers of all levels.
The Puddle Poll!
Thanks for the share pwright08!
- Thanks for the reviews! JKCooper2, CSharpest, Joopkins, NickStuer
- How’d you get into programming?
- Join codingblocks.slack.com!
- Survey – Star Wars wins!
- Check out Allen on the MSDev show!
- GNU Licensed!
- Learn to Debug
- How to Debug by Splitting the Problem Space
- How to Remove an Error
- How to Debug Using a Log
- How to Understand Performance Problems
- How to Fix Performance Problems
- How to Optimize Loops
- How to Deal with I/O Expense
- How to Manage Memory – Check out episode 2!
- How to Deal with Intermittent Bugs
- How to Learn Design Skills
- How to Conduct Experiments
- How to Estimate Programming Time
- How to Find Out Information
- How to Utilize People as Information Sources
- How to Document Wiseley
- How to Work with Poor Code
- How to Use Source Control – Check out episode 3!
- How to Unit Test – Check out episode 20!
- Take Breaks when Stumped
- How to Recognize when to go Home
- How to Deal with Difficult People
- How to be a Programmer: A Short, Comprehensive, and Personal Summary
- Don’t make me think!
- Art of Unit Testing
- Pragmatic Programmer
- Code Complete 2
- Rapid Development
- Extreme Programming Explained
Tip of the Week
- fgrep -inr “My Search” (easier than using grep) – @rayhammond
- git diff .