Part one of our two part database podcast starts with choosing the RDBMS (Relational Database Management System) and what to do when you run into deficiencies in that particular database system. First and foremost, what’s with the title?! Are these guys grammatically challenged? If that was your first thought, then you should check out this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_your_base_are_belong_to_us Others who have been around a little while (longer than us three 21 year olds), we hope you got a kick out of the title.
- Article on creating a database schema for a product catalog: http://www.codingblocks.net/programming/database-schema-for-multiple-types-of-products/
- Article from Eric Clippert Why Dynamic Languages are Hard to Maintain
- We’ll be attending Atlanta Build Guild, Monday July 14th http://atlanta.buildguild.org
- MVC vs Webforms question from @brocbeat https://twitter.com/brocbeat/status/486221052108742656
- Episode 4 on OWASP has information regarding Webforms and MVC
- We always keep detailed show notes @RajSoTweet
- Joe’s latest gaming obsession Divinity Original Sin
- Steam Streaming
- Discussion about our experience with the Xamarin Meetup we attended a couple weeks ago
- Hosted by Bluetube, Inc. – excellent content
- Roger Peters @smartyp – excellent presentation of how he took an app from Java on Android and ported it to Windows and iOS with Xamarin Word Search Little Books (search in your preferred app store) Matchingo (search in your preferred app store)
- Bluetube Inc will be hosting their first Xamarin meetup in Cincinnati, OH this Tuesday, July 15th http://blog.bluetubeinteractive.com/2014/06/inaugural-cincinnati-xamarin-mobile-net-users-group-meetup-july-15th.html
- We have 14 … COUNT EM…14 FIVE STAR REVIEWS in iTunes!!! While we’re thrilled, more would make us even happier! Please do leave us a review in iTunes here: http://www.codingblocks.net/itunes
- Special thanks to PJR_ATL and a3electroniks for our most recent iTunes reviews. We really do appreciate them.
- How much should a developer know about databases in general?
- How do you pick a database when you’re starting a project?
- Do you hack solutions to deal with the deficiencies of the particular database system you chose?
- Need to know your IP Address? WtfIsMyIp.com
- Excellent book on understanding all the intricate details of C# 5 the language C# 5 Unleashed
- Notepad++ Poor Man’s T-SQL Formatter http://notepad-plus-plus.org/ http://architectshack.com/PoorMansTSqlFormatter.ashx
Tips of the Week
- Joe’s tip – SQL Search Redgate’s SQL Search
- Allen’s tip – Ctrl + , for Navigate To http://visualstudiomagazine.com/articles/2014/02/01/6-top-tips-for-visual-studio-2013.aspx
- Michael’s tip – HTML 5 game creator https://www.scirra.com/construct2