This week we’re taking pot shots from the peanut gallery!
We talk about new features in C# 6. What we like, what we love…and binary literals.
We also struggle to define Roslyn and BONUS! poetry reading from Michael Outlaw!
Points of Interest
- Build Keynote in 7 minutes – via @patrikdahlen
- Allen owes the world a post on combining LINQ comprehension and lambda syntaxes. via @pascalcoder
- Int32 and Int64 in english via @leeenglestone (Quintillion!!!)
- Heartbleed strikes!
- Core Infrastructure Initiative
- Microsoft Threat Modeling Tool
- Database Schema for Multiple Types of Products
- Reflection of Control
- Linq Lazy Loading
C# 6 – Pour some sugar on me!
That’s a lot of sugar!
- Primary Constructors
- Readonly auto properties
- Auto property initializers
- Static type using statements
- Property Expressions
- Method Expressions
- Params for enumerables
- Monadic null checking
- Constructor type parameter inference
- Declaration Expressions
- Exception filters
- Binary literals
- Digit separator
- Indexed members and element initializers/accessors
- Await available in catch and finally blocks
- Extension Add methods
- Event initializers
- Semicolon operator
- Private protected
- nameOf operator
Waka waka bang splat tick tick hash,
Caret quote back-tick dollar dollar dash,
Bang splat equal at dollar under-score,
Percent splat waka waka tilde number four,
Ampersand bracket bracket dot dot slash,
Vertical-bar curly-bracket comma comma CRASH.
– Fred Bremmer and Steve Kroese, INFOCUS magazine
A Roslyn by any other name
- C# Script!
- Open Sourced under (permissive!) Apache2
- Microsoft has their eyes on other platforms?
- A boon for mono?
- What kind of tools / plugins will spring up?
- Probable C# 6.0 features illustrated
- List of the new features in C# 6
- C# Feature explanation
- Complete feature explanation
- Nice theme views for JetBrains products
- Debugging Object Initializers
- 2 insightful, intelligent coding podcasts: Full Stack Podcast and The John Morris Show